Friday, May 11, 2012

A New Beginning...

I've heard it said that you're never too old to try new things.  Well I'm putting that to the test and starting this blog.  It seems i've always had a lot to say, and i've never been shy about saying it.  One of the passions in my life besides my family, and being a grandma is FOOD.  Something happens when i'm in the kitchen.  All of my insecurities and doubts fade away.  It's just me, my music, and whatever ingredients happen to be in front of me.  It's like magic.  These seemingly random things come together to create a masterpiece of beauty.  The aromas of cooking take me right back to being a little girl at my grandma's knees.  My grandma was a thing to behold in the kitchen.  She was a "lunch lady" back in the day when things were done by hand.  No cans, or instant anything were involved.  She was the pastry chef, and her days began before the crack of dawn making pies, cakes and rolls all from "scratch" and by hand.  I remember watching in awe as she took the most humble ingredients and turned them into delicious coveted creations.  She is my inspiration.  Because of her I have my passion for food.  This blog will be my small tribute to a woman who gave the world so much through her love and her two small hands.  So, no looking back...here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment